This is one dish that my whole family loves!
This savory, cheesy, lasagna is a family favorite, passed down through generations. Everyone in our family requests it for their birthday dinners!
Total Time: 75 minutes (30 minute prep/45 minute cook)
Recipe serves 8
• ½ C chopped onion
• 1 lb. ground beef (browned)
• 4 oz. chopped mushrooms (optional)
• (2) 8oz. cans of tomato sauce
• 2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
• ½ tsp. Italian herbs
• ½ tsp. salt
• Dash of pepper
• Dash of garlic salt
• 8 Lasagna noodles (cooked)
• 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
• 24 oz. small curd cottage cheese
• After browning the ground beef, add onion, mushroom, tomato sauce, parsley flakes, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
• Let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes.
• While the sauce is simmering, boil the lasagna noodles. You will need 8 cooked noodles.
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
• In a 9×13 baking pan, lay 4 cooked lasagna noodles across the bottom. They will overlap a little.
• Then spoon half of the sauce evenly over the noodles in the pan.
• Evenly spoon half of the cottage cheese over the layer of sauce.
• Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the cottage cheese.
• Repeat the first 4 steps, laying 4 noodles on top of the mozzarella, then spoon the remaining sauce over the noodles, then layer the remaining cottage cheese, and then finally sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
• Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.